Somehow in the last year I became a beauty and skincare junkie, testing out new products for my skin and scouring the internet for more beauty bloggers to follow for their recommendations. Since I have problem skin and I prefer a more natural look with make up, I’m sharing my favorites that enhance natural features, are easy to use and aren’t crazy expensive. I’m still on the hunt for a great cleanser that fights acne, so always open for suggestions!
1. Revlon Highlighting Palette in Rose Gold, $11.99. Since I’m no expert in applying blush, I usually reach for this one since it’s easy to blend and builds easily.
2. Buxom Lash Mascara, $19. I recently tried a sample size of this and it became an instant favorite. My lashes appear thicker and longer. It also strikes the balance of being buildable, but one coat looks great too.
3. NYX Eyebrow Marker, $9.69. Merl of Clyde’s Rebirth had this at her apartment last time I visited and it’s revolutionized my make up application. I hate when eyebrows look too drawn on and this one looks so natural and easy to apply.
4. Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes, $4.39. I’ve had an issue with over-drying my skin, which I didn’t think was possibly with my oily skin. I shower sometimes twice a day because of my workouts and I was over washing my face. I’ve found that using this between workouts works well for me.
5. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free, $43. Since my skin is sensitive and prone to breakouts, I prefer a tinted moisturizer or BB cream and this product has worked the best. Nothing too heavy, but provides decent coverage without that caked on look. There are so many shades it’s easy to match up too.
6. Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil Light, $48. I always thought I didn’t need a moisturizer because my skin is oily, but I need it especially during the winter and between my chemical peel visits.
7. Maybelline Baby Lips Medicated, $2.99. My lips are so dry this time of the year, I’m constantly applying this in the non-tinted version and I’d like to scoop a couple tinted versions up now.
8. Buxom Full On Lip Cream, $19. I also got this sample a month ago and I love a lip plumper in this soft hue.
9. elf Studio Tone Correcting Powder, $3.00. My skin looks anything but dull after this powder. I’ve bought pricy powders in the past, but this one works better than those and $3 isn’t a bad price either.